Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Reading Assignment #1

"A logo is not a brand unless it's on a cow." (I love it...)
"Artists and designers are always trying to find new similes." (mmm...true...)

I enjoyed this reading! The 43 pages went by faster than I had imagined. I like how each page is active and yet is still very informative. Two questions I had after reading these articles are:

I tend to think that simple logos/ brands are way more successful at portraying their message and are much more easier to remember than elaborate logos. Although elaborate logos may be well put together, I still think simple over rides elaborate. Is this just me or what does the majority of the population think about simple logos compared to busy and congested logos.

What is the most widely known/used logo of this time? How about in all of the history of the logo?

No comments: